Impact Data Associate
Date: May 1, 2021
We are looking for an innovative, strategic, and impact-driven Impact Data Associate.
Why join us?
Our mission at Proof of Impact is to develop the technological innovations needed to make investing in impact transparent, verifiable, and profitable.
Proof of Impact believes that attempting to converge upon a universally accepted measurement standard may be a “a journey up a blind alley” and what we actually need to unlock the ability to make more holistic decision making (with impact as a pillar) is better data. With a data first approach, investment capital can be secured, non-financial factors can be analyzed alongside financial ones, and then any type of impact measurement and management tools or frameworks can be applied based on the unique needs of each organization.
Founded in 2019, we have brought together a global team of experts in impact measurement, impact investing and technology solutions to deliver an end-to-end solution that will change the way investors will make investment decisions for good.
POI is looking to hire a multi-faceted, entrepreneurial mind to help build the next generation of impact measurement and management (IMM) technology. We are looking for an innovative, impact-driven individual with great attention to detail who will contribute to the development of end-to-end data analytics solutions for investors and enterprises on the POI platform, while continually identifying areas for improvement with our larger team.
Your role in creating a better world
You will execute the following specific tasks with creativity, precision, and attention to detail:
- Contribute to the implementation of complex data processing workflows within a high scale system using a large variety of technologies
- Work closely with the Product and Development teams to prototype and productionalize API-driven integrations while exploring and learning new technologies at a fast pace
- Prior experience with Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) is a plus
- Interface with clients’ tech and data teams to determine data schemas and facilitate integrations with disparate systems and other data sources
- Rapidly pre-process data and develop queries for client facing analytical visualizations
- Prior experience dashboarding for financial services and/or impact management is a plus
- Contribute to automated aggregation of data from disparate sources for integrated KPI calculations and visualizations that will facilitate data-driven asset and impact management
- 3+ years of experience building production level modern data processing, analytics and dashboarding tools
- Advanced competencies with data analysis and data science libraries in the Python ecosystem
Strong capability to work with BigQuery / PostgreSQL / NoSQL
- Demonstrated familiarity with front-end and/or back-end software development in Typescript and NodeJS
- Ability to ensure data is stored and accessed in a compliant manner
- Previous experience with AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Ability to create blueprints and technical playbooks for complex big data analytics solutions
- Ingest data from streaming, event-driven and service oriented (REST) architectures
- Interest/knowledge of blockchain and distributed ledger technologies
- Front-end development background particularly in Typescript and React/NextJS
- Back-end development particularly in Typescript and/or dockerized microservices utilizing REST and/or GraphQL
- Domain knowledge of regulatory or stakeholder driven reporting in financial services
- Domain knowledge of social and environmental issues and their economic implications
- Domain knowledge of ESG / impact investing industry dynamics or standard setting organizations
- Domain knowledge of energy efficiency, renewable power or other cleantech technologies
Why you’ll love it
- You will have the ability to enact a clear and measurable positive change in the world by supporting and proliferating impact- and data-driven decision making globally.
- You will operate on the world-stage. We are partnered with major players in the impact space, where together we are championing the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- You will have autonomy and creative freedom to utilize your expertise and grow your career.
100% remote. There is no commute. We operate in a highly collaborative and flexible remote work environment.
- You will take a lead role in building a highly effective, collaborative, inclusive, and impact-oriented company culture.
As part of the position, you will have the opportunity to
- Innovate on cutting edge Impact Tech that will facilitate measurable and verifiable progress towards the world’s toughest health, environmental, and social problems.
- Build cross-functional skills and experience while gaining knowledge of various social and environmental industries, technologies and other themes
- Participate alongside a global team of passionate changemakers.
- Work with a fast-paced Silicon Valley venture-backed startup.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com